Trainee / Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - Nationwide
Henry Riley LLP
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence, we currently employ 150+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Certified Gold in Investors in People (awarded to only the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We currently have exciting positions available for Trainee Quantity Surveyors to join us. This opportunity is designed to give you exposure to develop your career and ability to have exposure to a range of industry sectors. You will gain valuable experience by working on projects alongside other professionals and we are proud of our driven, friendly and open environment.
Office locations: Birmingham, Bolton, Bristol, Cambridge, Croydon, Leicester, London, Manchester and Newcastle
Core tasks and Duties:
This role includes exposure to all aspects of quantity surveying and cost consultancy pre and post contract duties, including:
- Preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates
- Ensure the clients achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork and proactive cost control
- Prepare financial reports
- Monitor the communication of a project status
- Provide cost on design solutions
- Administer cost/variation procedures
- Carry out full contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes.
Desired skills and requirements:
- Currently hold a degree and ability to study a construction related MSc
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a dedicated attitude
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.