Trainee Quantity Surveyor - Croydon
Henry Riley LLP
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence, we currently employ 150+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Certified Gold in Investors in People (awarded to only the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We have had an exciting position arise for an enthusiastic and driven Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join our team based in Croydon. You will be supported in your personal development and will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution to the success of the business.
Our culture and values show we are passionate about our people, priding ourselves on our integrity, autonomy and our ability to show flexibility and support at all stages of your career. This role provides you exposure to a range of industry sectors with Retail being a key sector, as well as training at all stages of career including a fully supported APC program.
Core tasks and Duties:
- To work with the QS to ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork and proactive cost control
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports
- Monitor the communication of a project status
- Assist the QS in providing cost on design solutions
- Assist in the preparation of full tender documentation
- Administer cost/variation procedures
- Assist in carrying out full contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes.
Desired skills and requirements:
- Be studying a Quantity Surveyor related degree – including apprenticeships
- Hold experience within a construction consultancy background - desirable
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.