Technical Administrator - Croydon
Henry Riley LLP
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence, we currently employ 150+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Certified Gold in Investors in People (awarded to only the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and driven Technical Administrator to join our team based in the Croydon head office. This is an exciting role if you thrive on being busy and enjoy having varied responsibilities. We have an open and friendly working environment and are keen to find someone who can complement this and the team. This role will be to directly support Technical staff within a nationwide Retail team.
Core tasks and Duties:
Provide project support to team as required –
- Creation and maintenance of team contacts, project directories, creation and drawing registers
- Arithmetic checking
- Plotting and downloading portal drawings
- Typing up minutes
- Formatting reports
- PDF manipulation
- Portal work (drawings, planning, fee proposal downloads etc.)
- Remote desktop credit maintenance/contract preparation.
- Working as part of a nationwide team to co-ordinate and arrange supplier procurement, purchase orders and invoicing.
- Liaising directly with the supply chain to obtain quotes for equipment and services
- Liaising directly with the clients team to raise purchase orders and approving invoices on an internal system in line with QS valuations.
- Assist in maintenance of office fee records and co-ordination of monthly fees issue.
Desired skills and requirements:
- Experience of working in a similar supporting administration role
- Interest in the construction industry or looking to expand career in to a technical role in the future
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office including Excel & Word
- Driven attitude with the ability to use initiative
- Ability to work flexibly being highly organised to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.