Senior Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - Nationwide
Henry Riley LLP
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence and we currently employ 160+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Investors in People Gold accredited (awarded to only to the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We have an exciting position for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our growing team, this can be based in either our Croydon Head office, London or Cambridge. You will be supported in your personal development and rewarded for your contribution to the success of the business.
Our culture and values show our people are our business, priding ourselves on our integrity, flexibility, autonomy and providing support at all stages of your career. We believe in giving you exposure to the nine different industry sectors we work across, with this role having a particular focus on Bank Monitoring.
We pride ourselves on our internal APC program where you will receive full support from your own supervisor plus quarterly away days and with other colleagues from all levels in the business. We always strive to provide you training and support over all stages of your career. You will also benefit from fantastic benefits package which includes flexibility to work from home and regular social events!
Core tasks and Duties:
The main sector focus in this role is Bank Monitoring, working closely with our clients and supporting the team across the business. This role includes all aspects of quantity surveying and cost consultancy including (but not limited to);
- Preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates
- Ensure clients achieve their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive cost control and the provision of contractual advice;
- Managing internal resources to provide a full range of QS functions to enable projects to proceed from inception to completion;
- Attend meetings, prepare financial reports and monitor on the status of projects;
- Prepare full tender documentation together with advice on contractors, specialists, as well as advice on procurement routes;
- Full post contract Surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of account and disputes;
- Fulfilling the role of Independent Monitoring Surveyor including Initial due diligence report to assess the Funders risk profile, interim site inspections and draw down reports, liaison with the wider project team.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Have 4+ years of industry experience.
- Hold MRICS or working towards APC for chartered status;
- Experience and knowledge of the Bank Monitoring process;
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload;
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude;
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career;
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care;
- Hold a full clean driving licence as this role will involve regular travel.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.