Quantity Surveyor - Australia
Full Time - Melbourne
Henry Riley LLP
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence and we currently employ 160+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Investors in People Gold accredited (awarded to only to the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We have an exciting position for a Quantity Surveyor to join our growing team based in Melbourne. You will be supported in your personal development and will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution to the success of the business.
Our culture and values show we are passionate about our people, priding ourselves on our integrity, autonomy and our ability to show flexibility and support at all stages of your career. This role provides you exposure to a range of industry sectors with Retail being a key sector in this role. You will access to support and training at all stages of your career.
Core tasks and Duties:
The role includes all aspects of Quantity Surveying and Cost Consultancy pre and post contract duties including:
- Preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates
- Ensure clients achieve their stated objectives through close teamwork, proactive cost control and the provision of contractual advice;
- Managing internal resources to provide a full range of QS functions to enable projects to proceed from inception to completion;
- Attend meetings, prepare financial reports and monitor on the status of projects;
- Prepare full tender documentation together with advice on contractors, specialists, as well as advice on procurement routes;
- Full post contract Surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of account and disputes;
- Fulfilling the role of Independent Monitoring Surveyor including Initial due diligence report to assess the Funders risk profile, interim site inspections and draw down reports, liaison with the wider project team.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor who possesses the working knowledge of the Retail sector but this role will also have exposure to a range of industry sectors.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Up to 2-4 years of post-graduation experience
- Completed or working towards APC for MRICS or AIQS chartered status
- Experience of using Microsoft Office suite as well as CostX or similar
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
We are offering a salary of $80,000-$90,000 per annum, including superannuation.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support at all stages of your career, with access to;
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
This advert was posted on 2nd March 2020. The closing date for applications is 30th March 2020.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.