Quality and Risk Manager
Full Time - Nationwide
Henry Riley LLP
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence, we currently employ 150+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Certified Gold in Investors in People (awarded to only the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced construction professional to join our Quality and Risk Team. The role will involve promoting and maintaining the highest levels of quality and competence across the business. We have held the quality standard ISO 9001 for 15 years and continuous improvement is at the centre of our service delivery to our ‘blue chip’ clients.
This role will focus on two core areas:
- Carry out extensive project reviews of our service delivery in line with our Quality Management System and best industry practice, in each of our 9 offices located Nationwide.
- Maintain consistency across our network of offices by improving our suite of existing technical standard documents in relation to our cost consultancy and project management services.
This role is not client facing, the successful candidate will report to the Quality and Risk Partner. Working days will be either 4 or 5 days a week and open for further discussion. We are flexible on the location for this position as there is a requirement to travel across our different offices, the Quality and Risk team is located in our Head office in Croydon, London.
Core tasks and Duties:
- Planning and programming audits in conjunction with the Quality & Risk Partner and the Regional Office Partners.
- Conduct project audits across 9 regional offices in line with the agreed audit programme.
- Raise non-conformance reports and follow through on correction actions where necessary (verifying that all planned corrective action within the Regional Office is undertaken).
- Improve existing standard technical documents and create new ones where required. This will involve liaising with technical staff including client managers to inform the development of these documents.
- Maintain Quality Management System audit records in accordance with ISO9001:2015.
- Report to the Quality and Risk Partner on day-to-day QMS issues and on areas for improvement.
- Advise the Regional Office Partner on the audit results/compliance and areas for improvement within their Regional Office.
Desired skills and requirements:
- Ideally a Chartered Quantity Surveyor or Project Manager (MRICS or similar) but other construction professionals will be considered
- First rate interpersonal and communication skills
- A self-starter able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Current IT skills, in particular MS Office
- Capable of working with personnel at all levels, within the business
- Travel required to regional offices for an average of 10 days a month. Our offices are located in Birmingham, Bristol, Bolton, Cambridge, Croydon, Leicester, London, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.