Associate Building Surveyor
Full Time - Manchester or Bolton
Nidus Riley Ltd
Nidus is a bespoke building surveying company specialising in building surveying, repair and refurbishment. Formed in 2006 as part of the Riley Consulting Group of companies, with an international presence across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa.
Our ongoing success is due to our ability to lead the way in building surveying services by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are guided by the core values of our sister company Henry Riley LLP meaning we are committed to improving the built environment.
The success of our business is down to our people and we strive for excellence at every level and are committed to delivering our vision and values to both our clients and our staff. We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships.
We are currently seeking a driven and dynamic Senior Building Surveyor or Associate Building Surveyor to provide services from our Riley Consulting office based Manchester. This appointment provides an exciting opportunity to rapidly progress your career with the platform to develop the North West and own regional department.
Our culture and values show we are passionate about our people, priding ourselves on our integrity, autonomy and our ability to show flexibility and support at all stages of your career. This role provides you exposure to a range of industry sectors.
About the role:
The position would be a senior surveyor or associate appointment, depending on experience.
You will be supported by the Riley Consulting Group staff based at the Manchester and Bolton offices, include quantity surveyors, project managers and administration staff, as well as the dedicated Nidus staff from the London office.
Depending on performance, recruitment of further local professional assistance in the form of additional building surveyors and/or graduates will be considered with time. You will report directly to the Nidus managing director, who is based in London, but whom will visit the Manchester and Bolton offices regularly.
You will assist in servicing existing national instructions with the London Nidus team and, over time, develop new instructions and contacts locally. It is anticipated that you will deliver a wide variety of projects, including defect diagnosis and repair, condition surveys, planned maintenance programmes, contract administration, project management, dilapidations and Party Walls.
You will also assist in local regional marketing with the help of both the London Nidus office and an active Riley Consulting Group marketing department based in Croydon, London.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in Building Surveying
- Hold MRICS or be willing to study towards chartered status
- Keen to become responsible for your own office and service delivery
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loans, Perkbox & Regular Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Nidus Riley Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.