Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - Bristol
Henry Riley LLP
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence and we currently employ 160+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Investors in People Gold accredited (awarded to only to the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We have had an exciting position arise for an enthusiastic and driven Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our team based in Bristol, with the opportunity to develop your career with a fully supported and structured APC training program.
Core tasks and Duties:
- To work with the QS to ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork and proactive cost control
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports
- Monitor the communication of a project status
- Assist the QS in providing cost on design solutions
- Assist in the preparation of full tender documentation
- Administer cost/variation procedures
- Assist in carrying out full contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Currently studying or hold a construction related Degree
- Experience in either Commercial or Retail Sectors
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.