Graduate / Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Full Time - Nationwide
Henry Riley LLP
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence and we currently employ 160+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Investors in People Gold accredited (awarded to only to the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We have exciting positions available for enthusiastic Graduate Quantity Surveyors to join our teams across the UK. These positions offer the opportunity to develop your career with a fully supported APC program, whilst working in a driven, hardworking, friendly and open environment.
The areas we currently have available are: Croydon, London and Newcastle.
Core tasks and Duties:
This role includes exposure to all aspects of quantity surveying and cost consultancy pre and post contract duties, including:
- Preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates
- Ensure the clients achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork and proactive cost control
- Prepare financial reports
- Monitor the communication of a project status
- Provide cost on design solutions
- Administer cost/variation procedures
- Carry out full contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Recently qualified or with up to 3 years post degree experience
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorships and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages including Birthday Leave, Study Leave, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox & Social Events.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.