Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Newcastle
Full Time - Newcastle
Henry Riley LLP
Henry Riley LLP is a leading cost management, project management and health & safety construction services consultancy.
With international presence, we currently employ 150+ staff across 11 offices throughout the UK, Australia and South Africa. Henry Riley is one of three businesses within Riley Consulting, a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy.
Our success for over 125+ years has been down to our ability to lead the way in the construction and property industries by being visionary, innovative and forward thinking. We are Certified Gold in Investors in People (awarded to only the top 2% of employers) and are proud to have been included in Building’s Good Employer Guide for the last five consecutive years.
We have had an exciting position arise for an enthusiastic and driven Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our team based in Newcastle, with the opportunity to develop your career with a fully supported and structured APC training programme.
Core tasks and Duties:
The role includes all aspects of quantity surveying and cost consultancy pre and post contract duties including preparation of tenders, cost planning, compiling estimates, contract administrative agreement of final accounts, value engineering and procurement / standardisation work.
- To work with the QS to ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork and proactive cost control
- Assist the QS in preparing financial reports
- Monitor the communication of a project status
- Assist the QS in providing cost on design solutions
- Assist the QS in preparing full tender documentation
- Administer cost/variation procedures
- Assist the QS in carry out full contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes
- Some general office duties such as photocopying, printing drawings, organising outgoing post, filing, and so on.
We are looking for a QS who possesses the working knowledge of the retail and / or residential sectors but this role will also have scope for working across as range of industry sectors, more information on our experience within these sectors can be found in the ‘Our Work’ section of the website.
Training and Benefits
We believe in professional and personal growth and support this through training, sponsorship and apprenticeships at all stages of your career, with access to;
- RICS approved structured APC training
- Cross sector experience
- Professional development training
- Flexible but structured career path
- Friendly working environment
- Open communication with Senior Management
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Packages.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Degree educated in appropriate field of study
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work flexibly with strong organisational skills to manage workload
- Innovative and adaptable to change with a professional and dedicated attitude
- Willingness to develop, learn and progress within your career
- Possess strong communication skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care.
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Henry Riley LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer